Friday, October 12, 2012

Frugal Friday!

Introducing a new, hopefully regular feature on my blog!

I don't know if I can say what the most crucial element of financial stability and wealth is, but I bet frugal living is a good candidate. So for this feature I will highlight stories, tips, and my own attempts on saving money.

Today I will highlight people who are PROS at saving money. Zions Bank, a small bank (mine incidentally) with locations primarily in Utah and Idaho hosted its own reality mini-series called Cheapster. Ten college students battle it out for $10,000 prize money over different challenges to see not only who saves the most money, but also who get the most value. Challenges included things like cheap (but delicious & nutritious) meals, dollar-store decor, thrift store fashion, home-made gifts, and dumpster-diving.



Each of these Cheapsters have their own take on how to live life fully AND cheaply. Watch the video for the best overview of their cheap ways!

*Disclaimer: I am not endorsing Zions Bank or receiving any kind of benefit, monetary or otherwise. They happen to be my bank at the moment, which is why I know about this competition.

2 comments:

  1. That is fun. I heard of a new show which follows cheapskates around. I guess it's kind of similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The show "Cheapskates" is more of an extreme example. If we're thinking of the same show, people featured in it go to ridiculous extremes, like peeing in a jar so they don't have to flush their toilet, which to me, actually reduces the quality of their lives, just to save a penny. The students in this series are focused on price AND value. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete