Well folks,
I guess today is a financial success in frugal living. After much inner debate over enough time to soften the blow, I've decided NOT to upgrade my first generation ipad for a new(er) sleeker iPad 2.
How do I feel about this?
I guess today is a financial success in frugal living. After much inner debate over enough time to soften the blow, I've decided NOT to upgrade my first generation ipad for a new(er) sleeker iPad 2.
| It's ok iPad. We will be together a little longer. |
I'm not sure. Sometimes when I decide not to buy something (especially if it's expensive), I feel really good about it. I'm like, "Yeah! Rock on! Way to NOT waste my money!" Other times it's not so easy.
Becoming financially secure requires many skills, one of them living frugally. Millionaire Next Door says that the lifestyles of the truly wealthy can be described as "Frugal, frugal, frugal." Consumerism and buying the latest gadgets is a topic often referred to throughout the book, and even though it was written before smart phones, mp3 players, and tablets became big, I'm sure the authors would have included them as examples.
"It is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement. Allocating time and money in the pursuit of looking superior often has a predictable outcome: inferior economic achievement."
I agree with this statement although my (almost) purchase of an iPad 2--and even my current iPad for that matter--were not done to look superior or to be on top of having the latest gadgets. Still, even though my reasons for buying my iPad weren't to show off, I don't want to get caught in the trap of feeling like I "need" a new one or any other gadget.
I still feel a little down about not being able to afford the iPad 2 with it's slimmer design, better graphics, and most especially the camera. I'm being honest.
But on the UP side, I have a little more breathing room with my semester budget since I re-allocated $450 to other budget categories. I feel less stressed about my finances and my ability to stay within my budget.
I still feel a little down about not being able to afford the iPad 2 with it's slimmer design, better graphics, and most especially the camera. I'm being honest.
But on the UP side, I have a little more breathing room with my semester budget since I re-allocated $450 to other budget categories. I feel less stressed about my finances and my ability to stay within my budget.
No comments:
Post a Comment